Translate

TAGS

2012/07/15

When Russia will be recovered?

I had a fligth from Moscow to Istanbul 05. th of June 2012. I was in the city of Vladimir located 180 km. east of Moscow. I decided to use coach to Moscow. I arrived to train station at 15:02. Just 2 minutes after the previous one moved to Moscow. So I had to use the next one because they remained several hours for the first train to Moscow. There is a timetable in the bus stop. According to the chart the next coach was at 15:30 and even it was already there and accepting the passengers. There were very few passengers and by the time of departure the amount of passengers could not occupie half of the coach's capacity. That s why we did not move and continued to wait. I think the driver considered it would not be profitable to go as half empty. Passengers started to grumble but no result. and finally the driver came and started to collect fees at 16:00. And it took extra 10 minutes more and we could move with a 40 minutes delay. Naturally it appeared a risk of slightly to be late to the airport. the circumstance forced me to be in hurry. In front of Kurkskaya train station in Moscow, I experienced taxi drivers ask for 2 or 3 times more money than normal from foreigners. And then mostly by my wife's advice I prefered to use metro and wonderful Aeroexpress at rush hour.

In Sheremetyova an other surprise was waiting me. Total weight of my two luggages was 27 kilograms. Aeroflot stuff informed me it s 23 kg. the limit for my flight. So I had 4 kilos overweight. He said I should pay for it. But how much!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Brave or firm now.........

103 Euro with the recent currency. Almost a cheap promotion ticket price.

Aeroflot sales tickets for an adult passenger from Moscow to Istanbul in some cases for almost 100 Euro with a promotion. So they consider 4 kg. extra luggage is equal to an extra passenger. Too much pragmatic. I had to give all my rubles which I planed to exchance into USD. If I did not have cash enough at that moment perhaps I would be late to my flight while searching money.


I am a frequent flying passenger and I have been glad with Aeroflot in general till now. For long time I have preferred to use Aeroflot to my national brand Turkish Airlines. Even I am a member of special Aeroflot Bonus Program. It did not help to give any advantage to me. Free baggage right is 20 kilos in Turkish Airlines. But it s only 7 Euro for each extra kilo. They would ask for 28 Euro from me for extra 4 kilos.






All these examples are signs of a mentality to save today for a price of tomorrow. Bus driver could find a way of a more profitable trip by being late and Aeroflot did it by over prices but in fact these acts frustrate Russia. By rendering an image of to be the country of unrealiable and to distrustful approaches. If people globally have hesitations for reasonable prices and decent business life in Russia, everybody feels the negative effects including those behave sly. It prevents Russia to enter the first league with an advanced bussiness life. Nevertheless, such an image may cause Russian consumers to trust foreigners more for business and it will have a reflaction as a worse Russian business life by less costumers. This kind of approaches to business life has a risk to start a vicious circle.


Russia will be recovered from all it's suffers at the day there will be no metarial to write such a post.

No comments:

Post a Comment